Authors: Vien Truong
Vien Truong is a Senior Policy Associate at Green For All, working on State Policy.
The state of Washington is on the brink of passing legislation that would propel Washington and six other states toward substantially reducing their global warming pollution – creating green jobs and saving consumers money in the process.
This bill is in great danger of failing due to pressure from polluting industries to do nothing.
Our partner, Climate Solutions, is working to alert Washington residents. Please help!
1. Call the Washington Legislative Hotline TODAY 800-562-6000
2. Urge state legislators to “Support the Governor’s climate change bill (HB 1819 and SB 5735)”
This bill will move the state closer to energy independence and keep Washington engaged in developing a regional program to reduce emissions.
Specifically, the bill will:
- Implement the limits on global warming pollution established by the state in 2008;
- Authorize Washington’s involvement in the pollution reduction program created by the Western Climate Initiative;
- Establish a process that should require polluters to pay for their pollution;
- And when polluters are required to pay for their pollution, invest this new stream of revenue into creating good jobs in Washington, increasing energy efficiency and renewable energy in the state, and assisting low-income families with high energy costs.
For more on the bill go to: http://www.environmentalpriorities.org/cap-and-invest