#FuelChange4KIDS Art Program
Co-Sponsored by Earth Friendly Products®, maker of ECOS®, and Dream Corps
Tailpipe pollution from diesel and gas-powered cars, trucks, and buses is making kids and communities sick. There are now more premature deaths from traffic-related pollution than traffic accidents.
We have the power to bring clean air to our neighborhoods by going electric. But we need your help!
Green For All is looking for talented young artists across the country to imagine a zero-emissions future in their communities. What does it mean to #FuelChange in your neighborhood? Art has the power to move people to action and change public opinion. We need your help to mobilize our movement for a zero-emissions future that improves health and strengthens communities.
This is a skills contest that may be entered by legal adult residents of the forty-eight continental United States and the District of Colombia who have access to the internet as of June 4, 2019 on behalf of their child who is between the ages 5 and 17 (“Child”), each at the time of entry (“Entrants”). Participating Entrants must adhere to the following:
- Artwork must be the Child’s original work.
- Entrants may not submit copyrighted work (e.g. characters from television shows, movies, video games, or books will not be accepted).
- Entrants must be comfortable with having an image of their artwork, first name, and last initial, age, and city shared online and in any media promotion.
How To Participate
- Use crayons, markers, colored pencils, oil pastels, watercolor, or paint to complete your artwork on size 8 ½ x 11-inch paper.
- Artwork must fit the theme of solutions to transportation pollution.
- Submit a digital scan of original artwork that is at least 300 dpi or higher using the online submission portal. Files should be uploaded as .jpg or .png. Only digital files will be accepted, no hard copies of artwork.
- Sign the waiver certifying this is the artist’s original work, releasing us of liability, and granting permission to us to use your artwork for educational and promotional purposes.
Program officially opens on June 4, 2019 and the deadline to enter is July 24, 2019.
Thought starters to spark your imagination:
- How do people get to school and work where you live? What modes of transportation do you see in your neighborhood? Are there transportation choices that are not available in your neighborhood?
- How do dirty cars, trucks, and buses impact kids’ health? What are the benefits of electric alternatives?
- Why is it important to protect our air and neighborhoods from pollution?
- What would a zero-emissions future look like in your community?
- What would need to happen to bring clean cars, trucks, and buses to your neighborhood?
- What does the sustainable future you’re fighting for look like?
Tips for submissions:
- Artwork may be cropped to fit promotional materials, so keep your main images, theme, or message well within the margins of the page.
- Avoid using too many words or text in the artwork.
- Use vibrant colors.
- Try to clearly show the solution in your artwork.
EXAMPLE Problem: Kids coughing because of dirty tailpipe from a school bus.
EXAMPLE Solution: Electric school bus and happy kids!
Prizes & Awards
Grand Prize Experience
Three (3) participants may have their artwork featured on ECOS® products in stores in an April 2020 promotional campaign. Imagine going into your local retailer and seeing your artwork on the shelf. How cool is that?!
Additionally, the three grand prize winners and up to three friends or family members, will be invited to a special appreciation event at Earth Friendly Products’ headquarters in Orange County, CA where artists will be given an exclusive tour of the manufacturing facility and stop by the chemistry lab to learn how ECOS® products are made. You’ll meet with top leaders at ECOS® and get a sneak peek at your artwork on ECOS® bottles before they hit stores. Trip must take place on dates provided by Sponsor, and must be completed by February 21, 2020. Prize includes coach airfare for up to four individuals from nearest available airport to John Wayne Airport, and a 2-night hotel stay for up to four individuals in one room, at a hotel in Orange County, CA selected by Sponsor. Plus, you’ll receive a family 4-pack of 1-Day Park Hopper tickets to Disneyland to complete your magical stay in Orange County (additional restrictions will apply, including blockout dates). The Grand Prize is subject to additional restrictions as described in the full rules.
Top 10 Artists
The top 10 artists will receive a Green For All x ECOS® swag bag full of goodies, plus be featured on Green For All’s website, social media platforms, and other promotional materials.
Official Promotion rules
Please submit any questions regarding program rules and submissions to email@example.com.
The #FuelChange4Kids art program is a part of our #FuelChange campaign. Learn more at greenforall.org/fuelchange.
Are you in the Sacramento or Fremont, CA area? Join Green For All for a FREE FuelChange4Kids Art Workshop.
Click here for the Sacramento, CA Art Workshop June 19, 12-2pm at North Natomas Public Library
Click here for the Fremon, CA Art Workshop June 26, 12-2pm at Stevenson Blvd:Fremont Main Library